Sunday, February 2, 2014

Berry Cute Designs: Hersey Bears

One of my crafty goals this year is to be a member of a Design Team that will allow me to use my Silhouette on a more regular basis. I recently joined a Facebook Group Everything Silhouette & SD Craft Room and there was a Design Team Call for Berry Cute Designs posted in that group. Lucky Me!

I received this cute "Hersey Kiss Bears" file to make a project. Since Valentine's Day is right around the corner, I decided to make Valentine Bags for my kids. I used Core'dinations Cardstock for all the cuts and inked all the edges with the following Distress Inks: Gathered Twigs, Vintage Photo, Antique Linen (eyes), and Barn Door (bow on girl bear). I used Black Soot Distress Ink on all the black cardstock and also on the silver wrapper. The bears were assembled with Scotch Quick Dry. It's my favorite wet adhesive for cardstock.

First up is Sarah's bag. It's pink and sparkly and has flowers--just about everything she loves! The bag is actually from one of her Christmas gifts. It's pulling double duty for Valentine's Day and then I'm sure she's going to cut it up and put it in her SMASHbook. The heart doily is from the Dollar Tree and I used Spun Sugar Distress Ink to color it. I used my SU! Blender Pen to add Bundled Sage, Shaded Lilac, and Festive Berries Distress Inks to the flowers and stems. I used Beacon 3-in-1 to glue the doily to the bag. Since the front of the bag is glitter, I wanted to make sure the doily was adhered well.


The small pink flowers are from the dollar bin at Michael's. I used the Beacon to adhere those, as well.


I didn't have any silver paper, so I used grey. Before I removed it from the mat I used a silver Sharpie to color it. I cut 2 of each of the wrapper and the flag and attached them with foam tape to add some dimension. The sentiment strip across the bottom is from Echo Park "Head Over Heels" Collection. The paper flowers and stick pin are from my stash.


Instead of cutting the pink heart that came with the collection, I added a pink heart gem. Sarah will appreciate the detail. She loves bling! A couple of the eyelashes kind of shredded when I cut them, so I pulled the rest of them apart and made them fluffy. I think it adds a nice bit of interest to her eyes. The finishing touch is Glossy Accents on the eyes and nose.



David's bag is much more plain. He's 12 years old...and a boy...and all he cares about is the chocolate that will be on the inside of the bag! LOL I used a brown lunch bag for the base and used Festive Berries to color the doily. The bear was inked and assembled in the same way as the girl bear.






3 comments:

  1. So CUTE!! Great job! Good luck on getting the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, best of luck on the DT call! Love those bears...they are too cute. I'm sure the kids will love the bags....David included!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, DeAnna! Very creative! :)

    ReplyDelete