Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Stick Pin Swap

These stick pins were made for a swap at Life on the Scrapbeach. The theme was Love/Valentine and the colors were red and pink. My group included 3 other people, so I made 3 sets of stick pins. I will mail them in and get back 3 different sets from my swap partners.

I made the matchbook to hold the stick pins. I used DCWV paper to cover my matchbook and used a square brad for the closure.


We were supposed to make 3 pins with 3 or more beads on each pin. I really wanted to use the black and red beads, but since the black bead was so large, I could only fit 2 beads on the pin. I just included it as a bonus pin. I colored the pearl head with a sharpie marker. I liked the look of the black pearl instead of the white one.

The black and read beads came from Hobby Lobby. The rest of them came from Tuesday Morning and The Dollar Tree.


I have just started making stick pins and I'm really enjoying it. My bead collection is growing and I need to find another storage solution besides the ziplock bags that I have been using!

2 comments: