Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Stick Pin & Charm Swap

I created this tag for my new swap buddy, Sharon. We were swap partners at A Lil Scrap of Heaven for the Spring Stick Pin, Charm, & Tag Swap. For this swap, we needed to create 1 charm, 2 stick pins, and a pretty tag to display them.

The stick pins are displayed on the front of the tag. The butterfly is a charm from the jewelry department at Hobby Lobby. I just attached it with a glue dot so Sharon can take it off and use it on something else if she wants.


I started making these tulle flowers recently. They are so simple to make and I have been putting them on everything! I think this is my 3rd project with them. :) There is foam tape between the medallions. That is how the stick pins are staying where they belong.


There wasn't enough room on the front of the tag for the charm, so I used it to dress up the back. I'm going to write a note to Sharon on the green tag.


This was really my first time making a charm. It was fun! The smaller beads came from my friend Katie. She is contributing to my habit of making stick pins and charms. The large beads with the gold swirls came from a dollar store that recently opened. You will be seeing these beads again in the future. I'm participating in a "Pastel Pin Swap" in March and I bought enough to make pins for that swap as well.


I made a small bead spray with beads that came from the Dollar Tree. The bead spray is just tucked into the pocket so Sharon can take it out and use it on another project.


I had a lot of fun with this swap. I hope Sharon enjoys these as much as I enjoyed the set she made for me!

4 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job on these. Your swap partner will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already love them just from the pictures. You did a wonderful job they are gorgeous. Thank you so much for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. I want to know how you made the bead spray... do you have a link to a tutoiral?

    Thanks...
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer! Thanks for your comment. :) Here is a link to the YT video. They are really quite simple to make. Have fun with it!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AljxwrgqHto&feature=channel_video_title

      Delete