Sunday, January 8, 2012

Victorian Valentine Tag Swap

In December 2011 I joined a couple of swap sites. One of my crafty goals this year is to expand my creativity and try new crafty-type things. Swaps are a great way to do that. Swaps are small. You don't have to go out and buy a bunch of stuff (only a little bit of stuff!) since you only have to make a small number of items (usually 3-6) for the swap.

The first swap I joined was a Victorian Valentine Tag Swap on Life on the Scrapbeach. The requirements were that we had to include at least 2 embellishments, have a creative pocket on the tag, and include a homemade stick pin or charm.

I was able to pick out my paper right away. I went to my local scrapbook store and said, "I need some vintage valentine paper." The owner told me that she had the perfect paper for me. And she did! I used Vintage Valentine by Fancy Pants Designs. After I got the paper, I was kind of stuck. I didn't know where to go from there. I thought about it for a couple of weeks...and then...inspiration struck! Check out the video at the end of the post for all the details. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment