Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas Flower Swap

I made these flowers for the December 2011 flower swap at Mini Album Scraps. The theme was Christmas and we had to make 5 cards with 3 handmade flowers on each card. The flowers could be made out of any material. Since this was my first time making flowers, I chose to use paper. I used 3 different pieces of double sided patterned paper from the Peppermint Twist line by We R Memory Keepers.

There are hundreds of tutorial videos on You Tube about how to make flowers. I just picked one that looked easy and I could use supplies that I had on hand. Each flower is made of 6 or 7 (can't remember!) 1.75" circles. I inked the edges, poked a hole in the middle, then misted them with water. I crumpled them up and let them dry for a few minutes. Next, I un-crumpled them and put a brad through the middle. I scrunched up all the layers around the brad and let them dry. After about 10 minutes or so, I pulled the layers apart and added a little more ink to the edges.


The red card tag base is A2 size. I ran it through my cuttlebug with a snowflake embossing folder. I attached my flowers (with a glue dot) to a narrow tag made with a left over strip of patterned paper. The tags are just tied together with several pieces of Fun Fur Yarn.


This was my first flower swap and I enjoyed making these flowers. I watched so many tutorials on flower making on You Tube. I'm looking forward to trying out some new techniques on future swaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment