Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mini Album for Katie

I made this mini album for my friend Katie. Katie and I actually met on Facebook. We both make cards for Operation Write Home and we are also part of a swap group on Facebook. She told me about Mini Album Scraps in November 2011 and I decided to join. One of the first swaps I joined was the Mini Album Swap. Imagine my surprise when I found out that Katie was my swap partner!


Katie is going to be a Grandma very soon (Congratulations!) and she requested a baby themed mini album. Her only request was that it wasn't too baby-ish. I picked up the Hopscotch paper line by K&Co. I made the album 6"x6" and used my Bind-It-All to bind it. I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink to ink all the edges. This album has room for lots and lots of pictures. There are at least 3 tags of various sizes on just about every page, plus 3 of the pages have a "mini within the mini" that will each hold 7-12 MORE pictures. Most of the ribbon that I used actually came from Katie. She sent them to me as a "hostess treat" for hosting a swap that she participated in. I hope she didn't hate the ribbon because it's coming back to her in her mini album!

I made a "baby" charm dangle from some metal tags I had in my stash. They were a door prize at the grand opening of a local scrapbook store. I have had them for about 3 years and never even opened them. I'm glad I finally had a chance to use them! I attached the dangle to the binding with a safety pin.


I have enjoyed participating in swaps over the last 2 months, but I think it is even more enjoyable when you know the person who is receiving your swap. I hope Katie loves her album and fills it up with lots of cute pictures of her new grandson!

Check out the video below for all the scrappy details. :)


3 comments:

  1. Just beautiful. I love the mini albums within the album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really, really out did yourself. This is EXACTLY what I had in mind. Thank you a million times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable!! You did such a great job at allowing for so many spots within a small cute album!!

    ReplyDelete