Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Creative Craft Cottage Challenge: Fabric or Felt

It's time for another challenge over at Creative Craft Cottage. The challenge this time is to use fabric or felt on your project. I picked up a package of black and white fabric flowers (Crate Paper "On Trend") from a local discount store about a week ago and I knew they would be perfect for this challenge. I also knew that I wanted to use my new Studio 490 Black Embossing Paste. I have had it for about a month and had not even opened it yet! As I was looking through my meager collection of spray inks (I only have 5!) I decided pink would go great with the black paste. I grabbed a #8 tag and sprayed it with Dylusions Ink Spray in Bubble Gum Pink then used a Tim Holtz Layering Stencil (Rays) with the black embossing paste to add some texture to the tag.


Next I started working on the flower arrangement at the bottom. I layered black mesh bling, a small piece of lace that I colored with the Dylusions Bubble Gum Pink spray ink, and some black flat back pearl trim (all from my stash). Behind the flower I used Petaloo Feathers in cream. The smaller stick pins are Petaloo and the large one (with the black and white heart) I received in a swap.


I sprayed the butterfly with the Dylusions and let it sit over night then wiped off the excess. It is hard to tell in the picture, but some of the pink did stay on the metal. I wasn't sure if it would or not, so it was a happy surprise. I used Tim Holtz Distress Paint in Picket Fence to highlight a few areas of the butterfly. It helps to tone down the metal and also to tie it in to the white flower at the bottom. I added a butterfly trail with a piece of Want2Scrap bling.


So, grab some fabric or felt, make a card, tag or any other project and link it up over at this week's Fabric or Felt Challenge at Creative Craft Cottage.


No comments:

Post a Comment