Sunday, March 4, 2012

Vintage Grunge Flower Swap

I am working on my flower collection so I have joined another flower swap at Mini Album Scraps. The theme for this swap was "vintage grunge" and the flowers had to be made out of book or music pages. For the two larger flowers I used a book that I picked up from the Dollar Tree. For the smaller flower I used a vintage dictionary page from The Graphics Fairy.


For this large flower I used the Sizzix 3-D Flower #2 Die. I wanted to use both of the large flowers from this die but they are so LARGE. This flower is pretty close to 4". I'm sure it's going to get squished in transit. Hopefully, it will fluff back up and be as good as new.


I found a tutorial *somewhere* on YouTube for this flower.


I learned how to make this flower from YouTube, as well. It's just 8 circles all scrunched up around a brad. Pretty simple.

 

3 comments:

  1. Those are great. I am in the swap with you so hope to see more of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DeAnna this card is adorable! I love the use of books to make the flowers!! I am your newest follower & I have to say that I LOVE your projects!! Thank you so much for visiting over at Scrappin' Saturday at Fantabulous Cricut!! I really appreciate it!
    Melissa
    http://scrappymacdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost joined this one but didn't. Big regrets now!

    ReplyDelete