Sunday, January 25, 2015

Country Craft Creations DT Project: Valentine Collage featuring BoBunny Serenade

I have another Valentine/Love themed home decor project to share with you for my Design Team Project for Country Craft Creations. I am still working with the fabulous BoBunny Serenade Paper, Brads, Layered Chipboard Stickers, and Noteworthy (die-cuts). 

I knew I wanted to make something similar to this:

http://blog.silhouetteamerica.com/2014/01/valentine-collage
This is what I came up with:


I started out by checking my local Goodwill for a picture frame. Since I was only interested in the frame, I didn't really care about the {ugly} picture inside it. It only cost me $3.54, which was WAY cheaper than going to the store and buying a wooden picture frame. The inside dimensions of my frame are 15"x19". 


After I disposed of the ugliness, I wiped it down then covered it with two layers of gesso.


Next, I tore up pieces of Tim Holtz Tissue Paper and used Mod Podge to adhere it collage-style to the frame. After all the layers were dry I added two more coats of Mod Podge as a protective sealer.


Now, the fun stuff! I searched my Silhouette library for love and valentine themed images. I cut them in a variety of sizes. I inked all the edges with Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink.



The base of this one is from the cut apart page.

These letters are the inside cuts from one of the other die cuts. I adhered them to a tag from the Noteworthy die cuts and added a brad from the collection. I used foam tape to attach the heart and add a bit of dimension to this tiny tag.

I added a red bling heart where the man and woman are holding hands. The hearts on the bottom are an inside cut from one of the other die cuts. 

The base for this is one of the large journaling spots form the Noteworthy. I added the cupid with a red heart bling on his arrow.

I added a piece of red paper to the back of the "L" and filled in the letters with Crackle Accents. I think it adds just the right touch of dimension to this.


The base card is from the cut apart sheet. I adjusted the size of the frame to work with the photo I had. 

Here is my wonderful hubby making sure the frame is level before we hang it on the wall. Since we live in an apartment and don't like to put a bunch of holes in the wall, we used Command Picture Hangars to hang this frame. The Command strips hold 16 pounds and this frame doesn't weigh nearly that much, so I'm confident that it will hang on the wall just fine.

So, here is the finished project. I stapled cotton crochet thread across the back so that I could hang my die cuts using mini clothespins. When I change out the die cuts for spring, I will probably change out the twine for wire. I don't like how loose the twine got after I started hanging stuff from it. At any rate, I enjoyed making this frame and I sure do thank you for making it all the way to the end with all these pictures. 


Thanks for stopping by and checking out my project! Don't forget to visit the Country Craft Creations in Hooper Facebook page and Website/Blog to stay informed of current sales and available products.

No comments:

Post a Comment