Thursday, November 14, 2013

Creative Craft Cottage Challenge: Texture

I can't believe that it has already been a month and it's time for another challenge over at Creative Craft Cottage. I got to pick the theme this month and I chose Texture. There are so many ways to add texture to your cards or projects. One of my new favorite ways to add texture is with embossing paste. I recently acquired some Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi Translucent Embossing Paste. It was so much fun to use. It adds great texture and allows the background to show through.

I started with a #8 Tag and the "3 Fresh Flowers" stencil by Wendy Vecchi and used Distress Inks (Shaded Lilac, Mustard Seed, Forest Moss) and a blending tool to stencil one of the flowers on the tag. I placed the stencil back on the tag and spread the embossing paste on top.


I did not smooth the surface so the ridges and bumps add some extra texture.


I haven't decided on a background yet. ; )



My next tag is a #10 tag that I cut down to 7". First I sprayed the tag with some water and then added 3 colors of Dylusions Ink Spray (London Blue, Vibrant Turquoise, Bubblegum Pink). For the texture I used the translucent embossing paste and the Tim Holtz Dot Fade Layering Stencil.


The dots are different sizes and they kind of reminded me of snow. This tag is going to be a page in my December Daily.



These are a couple of other tags that I have made with white embossing paste. You can click on the link to be taken directly to the blog post to learn about them.

http://deannascraftsandcreations.blogspot.com/2013/03/lwd-design-team-showcase-studio-490.html





Thanks for stopping by today. There are new challenges every 2 weeks at Creative Craft Cottage. If you submit something, I'd love for you to leave me a note so I can check out your project.

1 comment:

  1. Hi DeAnna, I so love the texture on your tags... I also part take in the challenges on the creative craft cottage blog... Never been a card maker but have always been a scrapbooker but lately have discovered the joys of texture to my pages and am oh so loving it!!! Love your work...

    ReplyDelete