Wednesday, April 18, 2012

April Showers Stick Pin Swap

The theme for the April Stick Pin Swap at Your Paper Pantry was April Showers...anything that reminds you of rain...rainbows, mud puddles, clouds, storms, umbrellas...well, you get the picture. : )



To display my pins, I cut a cloud with the Zoobaloo cricut cartridge. The large cloud is cut at 7". Yes, that's right, 7", even though the finished size is less than 4". It had another cloud on the same cut and I didn't use that one. The little cloud is cut at 3" and is about 1.5" high. I embossed the clouds with D'vine Swirls folder and then inked the edges with TH Antique Linen.

I got all my beads from Hobby Lobby. I'm not sure of the brands...just that they were on sale 50% off. : ) I'm getting a little braver with my stick pins. I bought two different types of bead caps and spacers. My packages of beads that I purchased had different shaped beads and I did try to mix it up and use different shapes on the pins. All in all, I'm very please with my progress. I have received lots of great stick pins in past swaps, so I have lots of inspiration!


I went with mud puddles, rain, and rainbows. Mud puddles: I tried to find some bronze or brown beads, but couldn't find anything that I liked. I ended up with some amber colored beads. Rain: A blue bead with some pretty bead caps. Rainbows: This pin is my favorite. I found this bag of metallic beads and when I saw them, I knew they would be perfect.

I also submitted this project for the Challenge Me Monday #107 at the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog.

4 comments:

  1. Cute stick pins. Thanks for joining us at the FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely pins - and a wonderful way to display them! The embossing looks fabulous!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, really different look than a lot of stick pins. You did a great job...as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! I love the stick pins so much! I think it is so creative how you chose to display them too. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete