Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Country Craft Creations DT Project: Door Hanger featuring G45 Bohemian Bazaar

Today I have another Design Team project for Country Craft Creations in Hooper featuring Graphic 45 Bohemian Bazaar. When I pick up my stepdaughter from school, I have to have a sign with her last name and grade. For the last 3 years I have just used a sheet of copy paper up in the dash. How boring is that?!? Surely with all my paper crafting skills I can come up with something a *little* bit better. Well, two months into the school year I finally created a better sign.

I used a door hanger template from the Silhouette Online Store (Design ID 32617) as the base for my sign and cut 2 pieces out of Stampin’ Up cardstock. SU cardstock is very sturdy and this will need to hold up all year. The color doesn’t really matter since you can’t see it, especially if you ink the edges. Speaking of ink…I realized when I was about half way done with this project that I had not inked any of the edges. *sigh* Oh well….Back to the project….I cut 2 pieces from the G45 paper. Because this sign needs to last for the remainder of the school year, I adhered all the layers together with Mod Podge and added a coat to the front and back for protection and durability.




And now for the fun part…Embellishments! I designed and printed a label for her name and grade using a big bold font and trimmed it down with my paper trimmer. I cut 3 mats for additional layers and used Scor Tape to adhere all the layers together and to attach it to my tag.

Since I was using a scrap of paper, I printed my label on plain white paper first, then attached the piece of cardstock with a piece of washi tape over the printed area and then sent it through the printer again. 


I finished the sign with May Arts ribbon, bling trim, half of a doily, and some flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts. I also added a small chipboard piece from the G45 Bohemian Bazaar Chipboard.




Next I took a few pictures of my finished sign and created a Project Life card. The base of the card is the post card from the 4x6 Cut Aparts page. I printed my photos at home and cut them with a white border. I used Scor Tape to adhere the pictures to the post card. I used Wild Orchid Craft flowers to create the same flower cluster that is on the sign and added 2 of the chipboard pieces for additional embellishments.





Thanks for stopping by and checking out my project. Don’t forget to check out the Country Craft Creations in Hooper Facebook Page and Website to stay updated on all the products available.

No comments:

Post a Comment